Monday, April 2, 2018

Glittering Perfect Peacock


 

I should have named this card The Dazzling Peacock. Either way, it is a card to fit any occasion. Supplies that you will need to duplicate this project are:  


Stamp Sets: Perfect Peacock, Trust God
Paper: Cherry Cobbler A-2, Whisper White 5 1/4 X 4
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Blendabilities: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Versamark 
Techniques: Heat Embossing, Sponging
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Decorative Label Punch, Black Embossing Powder, Sponge, Dimensionals


In retrospect, I should have stamped the peacock a bit more to the left to allow more room for the sentiment. In order to do this, I will use the stamp-a-ma-jig in the future. I also will use the embossing buddy to powder my paper so that I don't make a mess of it with the black embossing powder. The card is fairly easy to make. I just pointed out the two errors I made that hopefully I will correct the next time I make this card. In case you need a step by step instruction, you may continue to read.

After cutting the Whisper White card stock, I inked my peacock with the Versamark and stamped the image. You will cut your card stock, brush it with the embossing buddy, and then stamp it using your Versamark.  Apply your black embossing powder and remove the excess. Apply heat with your heat gun. I then colored the peacock using my blendabilities:  Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight were used on the peacock. I used Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight on the flowers. I then applied Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to the head feathers and the eyes or circles of the peacock's tail. I then set it aside to dry. Using the Decorative Label punch I stamped and punched out my sentiment. I sponged the edges of the label with Cherry Cobbler and placed the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details around it also. Once both of these were dry, I adhered the peacock to the Cherry Cobbler card stock using my favorite adhesive. I used dimensionals to place the label on the card. Done!

I hope you enjoy making this card and use your own creativity to change it up and make your own colorful peacock. Now go and spread your feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment